Thursday, February 24, 2011

March 12th kicks off the New England Competition Season

It's SNOWSHOE time ! Woot Woot ! The annual Snowshoe competition marks the beginning of the New England Competition BBQ season. I believe this is the 18th year for this event, and I think I've competed in at least 14 or maybe even 15 of the 18 years. While this is actually a grilling and not a bbq event it's still a way for teams to clear the cobwebs and get back into competition mode. I think there have been more disqualifications over the years due to late entries at the Snowshoe then any other contest I have attended (except maybe the Royal).

This years categories are: Strip Steak, Pork Tenderloin, Sausage Fatty and the always challenging Chefs Choice (no dessert). Believe it or not this is one of the most difficult competitions to win because teams have had all winter to practice and perfect their recipes for this contest. Of course that's not my teams style. The competition is a couple of weeks away and we haven't even discussed what we are going to cook. I guess it's time to start skimming some cookbooks and the intertube for some grilling inspiration.

If your interested in competing or just visiting the Snowshoe you can find all the info on the NEBS website.

2 comments:

Information said...

I have eat the food.So good food for health is it.Hotel information

David Kilpatrick said...

I have eat the food.So good food for health is it. Hotel information